2 Cups flour
1 t-spoon baking powder
½ t-spoon baking soda
½ t-spoon ground cinnamon (optional)
¾ cup brown sugar (light or dark will be fine)
¾ cup white sugar
4 eggs at room temperature (cold eggs can be put in a bowl of tap water to bring them to room temperature)
1 and ¼ cup vegetable oil
1 t-spoon vanilla
¼ cup milk at room temperature
1 cup mashed bananas (overly ripe bananas are perfect for this recipe)
½ cup walnut chunks (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180-C or 350-F. Spray a bundt pan with a bake release spray. If you do not have the bake release spray, put a few drops of oil in the bundt pan. Spread the oil around with a tissue, and sprinkle flour all over the oiled pan (i.e greasing and flouring the pan). Additionally, you can use any shape pan as long as the batter fits.
- Dry mixture: Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Wet mixture: In a bowl, mix sugar, eggs, and oil at low speed
- Add the dry mixture to wet mixture. Mix for 15-20 seconds at low speed
- Add milk and vanilla, mix for 10 seconds
- Add mashed bananas. Mix for 10-15 seconds or mix by spoon
- Add walnut chunks if you would like, mix by spoon
Pour the batter in the pan, and bake for about 55 minutes to an hour. Check with a toothpick to make sure the cake is done.